SLA 2016 Mobile App and Passport Game
Allow push notifications to receive any updates, and reminders of upcoming events.
Bookmark sessions, take notes, interact with fellow attendees and presenters, and participate in our fun photo-scavenger hunt game, Passport, for a chance to win a free SLA 2017 registration or SLA Membership!
SLA speaker materials are accessible through the mobile app or via website URL: https://event.crowdcompass.com/sla-2016. This link allows BlackBerry and Windows users to view the event and mobile app content.
(Note: The Mobile App does not link to the Online Planner)
Features of the SLA 2016 Mobile App
- Attendees: Discover and connect with other SLA 2016 participants by sharing your contact information via the in-app messaging (contact info is private until you “connect” with colleagues in the app). Make sure to add yourself to the attendee list by clicking the plus sign in the top right corner of the “Attendees” icon.
- Schedule: View the full program and event details including presentations and handouts. Bookmark desired sessions and events, rate activities you’ve attended, or add any pictures you take. Note: this feature does not connect to the online planner.
- Exhibitors/Sponsors: View descriptions and information for this year’s Annual Conference sponsors. Search by name or category.
- Maps: View city and venue maps and floor plans to explore Philadelphia, navigate the convention center, track down your favorite exhibitor in the INFO-EXPO Hall, and find your way to sessions and events.
- Presenters: Find out what sessions SLA 2016 presenters are offering.
- Info: Read about the Special Libraries Association, get answers to conference-related FAQs, and find other general information.
- SLA Connect: Access SLA Connect and send messages to your units right from within the SLA 2016 mobile app!
- Social Media: View and connect with the SLA Facebook & Twitter pages for news and information. Post to Social Media from within the app.
- Passport Game: Participate in this scavenger hunt by snapping photos & earning badges throughout SLA 2016 for a chance to win free SLA 2017 registration or SLA Membership! (Game instructions follow app download instructions.)
Download the SLA 2016 Mobile App
- Download the app by searching stores (Apple Store: The Special Libraries Association or Google Play Store: SLA Events) or entering the following URL into your mobile browser: https://event.crowdcompass.com/sla-2016 OR Use your mobile device to scan and download via the QR code below:
- Open the app and tap on SLA 2016 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO
- Tap on the three lines in the top left-hand corner and click “Log in for more features”
- Enter your First and Last Name
- Enter your Email Address
- Access your email on your device and click “Verify Account”
- Tap “Open App”and select “Finish” to be fully logged into the app!
Note: You will be sent a confirmation email including all of your login credentials should you like to log in on a different device.
How to Play the Passport Game
Please note: You must have logged into the SLA 2016 Mobile App and created a username to participate
- On the main screen of the app click on the Passport icon.
- Click “Get Started” in the top right corner, then select “Sign Up” at the bottom of the page to create your account.
- Tap Profile at the top of the screen to see a list of badges and challenges to complete.
- Pick a challenge, and then tap the camera to go to the camera view.
- Take a photo, choose from your gallery, or tap X to cancel.
- Confirm your photo on the submission page by tapping Submit.
- You’re all set! You’ll be awarded the points for your challenge, and the camera icon will become your submission photo.
- Not satisfied with your submission? Tap the photo icon to resubmit the challenge.
- Complete all the challenges in a category to earn a badge, the first person to earn all of the badges wins!
- Check out the leaderboard and the photo feed to see photos and scavenger hunt leaders in real time.
Tips for Using the App
Look out for app updates to get the most up-to-date content!
We recommend closing out your app each night so that if there are updates, it can refresh.
Have questions about the app?
Stop by the Registration Desk and ask an SLA staff member about how you can use the app to get the most of your Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO experience.
Don’t want to download the app? No problem.
All of these SLA Annual Conference materials are available to view and download online at: https://event.crowdcompass.com/sla-2016