Free Webinar: The Current State of Reference
How has the rapid evolution of digital tools and information access changed the reference landscape? What will reference look like in 2, 5, and 10 years?
Elisabeth will delve into the current state of reference today, and unveil the results of a SAGE study in North American special and academic libraries about numerous high-impact factors and challenges facing the information industry, including:
- perceived level of awareness of information sources among patrons
- reference budgets and budget challenges
- the use of fee-based and free reference sources
- factors that influence the purchase of reference produces
- challenges facing the reference publishing industry
- preference for electronic and/or print
About the Sponsor:
SAGE is a leading international publisher of journals, books, and electronic media for academic, educational, and professional markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students spanning a wide range of subject areas including business, humanities, social sciences, and science, technology, and medicine. A privately owned corporation, SAGE has principal offices in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, and Washington, D.C. www.sagepublications.com
Any large business structure consists of several units, and local teams are formed in each department who are competing with each other. Spy app can play a key role in this struggle.