Introducing the 2015 Candidates for the SLA Board of Directors
Leading up to the election in September, there will be a variety of opportunities for you to get to know the 2014 SLA Board of Directors candidates. If you haven’t already, learn about the eight outstanding professionals by reviewing their bios posted on SLA’s Website and by exploring the Candidate Resource Center.
Stay tuned to the SLA Blog where each candidate will be describing their expertise and answering several candidate questions. The first question and answer is already posted. This question asks when and why the candidates first joined SLA.
You also can easily follow and interact with the candidates via Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media or reach out to them via email.
- James (Jim) DelRosso, Cornell University Libraries, Ithaca, New York
- Tom Rink, Northeastern State University, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
For Chapter Cabinet Chair-Elect
- David Cappoli, University of California-Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Kim Silk, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For Division Cabinet Chair-Elect
- Ruth Kneale, National Solar Observatory, Tucson, Arizona
- Valerie Perry, University of Kentucky Libraries, Lexington, Kentucky
For Director (2 positions)
- Kevin Adams, Institute of Environmental Science & Research, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Dr. Saif Al-Jabari, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
- Elaine Lasda Bergman, University at Albany, Albany, New York
- Catherine Lavallée-Welch, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Library, La Crosse, Wisconsin
One of the best opportunities to meet the candidates and find out about their priorities is simply talking with them face-to-face. You can do that in June at the SLA 2014 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO in Vancouver.
Any large business structure consists of several units, and local teams are formed in each department who are competing with each other. Spy app can play a key role in this struggle.