KMKS106. Critical Success Factors: Measuring Knowledge Services
Course Dates: October 2 – 18, 2017**
This course proposes techniques and tools for measuring knowledge services success, including a focus on the value of metrics and organizational service comparisons for continuous improvement. The establishment of critical success factors, benchmarking, and such methodologies add value, user evaluations, discussion tracking, the growth of intangible assets and the like are all given attention. Other topics covered include:
- factors relating to the success of knowledge services in the organization
- strategic learning and knowledge development and knowledge sharing as success indicators
- the external environment and its influence on success
- knowledge-centered support for enterprise-wide success
- identifying and utilizing success partners
Course assessment, exercises and discussions will measure and evaluate the degree of understanding that participants achieve over the learning process.
While the primary goal in developing these programs is to allow SLA members to earn a Certificate in Knowledge Management, each of these courses has inherent value and may be taken a la carte. KMKS101 is recommended, but not required, to be taken before this course.
What people are saying about the KMKS courses:
“The presenters are very knowledgeable…and did a good job of explaining [the topic].”
“Being able to bounce ideas off of and gain clarification from the instructors on the material covered was extremely helpful.”
“The instructors are knowledgeable and were able to communicate the concepts effectively.”
Member Price: $495.00*
Member Registration to be made available soon
Non-Member Price: $595.00*
Non-Member Registration to be made available soon
* A late fee of $50 will be added to your invoice if you register at or after midnight (12:00 a.m. ET) on the first day of the course. Late registration does not guarantee live access to the first course session.
**SLA and the instructors reserve the right to cancel the course if a minimum registration count is not met.