Sept.-Oct. Information Outlook: Creating Value through Research Collaboration
Why you should read this issue
- Learn how information professionals can help create a culture of research collaboration that encourages employees to share their best research methods and tools with each other in “Creating Value through Research Collaboration” by James Harper, page 12.
- Find out how developing an information strategy for your organization can invigorate your information resources and foster the growth of an information culture at all levels in “The Information Strategy and the Librarian” by Terry Hanson, page 15.
- Read the interview with Billy Cook, author of the best contributed paper at SLA 2013 and a fan of knowledge management even before he attended library school in this issue’s edition of “10 Questions,” page 19.
- Find out how information professionals in one company devised a “hybrid” approach to providing their co-workers with access to e-books in “Practical E-Book Solutions for Information Professionals,” page 22.
Meet the Advertisers
Special thanks to these valued SLA Partners who show their support in this issue (listed in the order that they appear):
- Thomson Reuters Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence
- STN: The Choice of Patent Experts
- The California Digital Library: Web Archiving Made Easy
- Bloomberg Law
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library
- The New York Times: Corporate Digital Subscriptions
- ProQuest Dialog