2020 Restructuring Initiative
In December 2019, the SLA Board of Directors approved a plan to restructure the leadership and financial systems of chapters and divisions. Under this plan, each “community” (chapter or division) will have only three required core leadership roles—president, vice president and secretary—who will concentrate their efforts on program planning, building connections and membership development. Communities can establish and fill additional roles on an as-needed basis.
The restructuring plan includes a new financial management model that will centralize chapter and division bank accounts into one central account. This will streamline the management of finances and reduce the administrative burden on SLA communities and volunteers while still supporting local delivery of programs, products and activities.
An additional feature of the restructuring plan is that SLA members will be able to pay one fee for membership and join as many communities as they like rather than receiving one chapter and one division membership free and paying to join more. This will create new opportunities for cross-pollination of ideas and joint development of programs and events. To join additional communities, login to your SLA account and then select “Edit My Units” to add the communities you wish to join.
Additional information about the restructuring initiative is available as indicated below.
Highlights of Restructuring Initiative
- Changes to Community (formerly units) finances
- Changes to Community (formerly units) sponsorship
- Changes to Community (formerly units) events
Benefits of Restructuring Initiative
Community (Formerly Units) Forms & Resources
- SLA Community Expense Request Form
- SLA Community Sponsorship Form
- How to: fill out Reimbursement to Individual
- How to: fill out Payment for Award/Scholarship
- How to: fill out Payment or Deposit to Vendor or Speaker
- How to: fill out Advance Payment to Individual for Upcoming Expense
SLA Restructure FAQ
*Will be continuously updated