- Read Information Outlook
- Write for Information Outlook
- Review the editorial and advertising calendar
- Access the Information Outlook archive (hosted by San Jose State University)
SLA members receive free access to Information Outlook, SLA’s bimonthly online magazine. Information Outlook contains—
- articles on timely topics such as data curation, digital asset management, bibliometrics, and value co-creation;
- columns about technology, copyright law, and other issues of perpetual interest; and
- interviews with SLA members, offering a close-up look at information professionals in different disciplines, work environments, and countries.
Read Information Outlook
Click here to read current-year issues of Information Outlook and those dating back to January 2013.
Issues from 1997 through 2006 are archived in San Jose State University’s institutional repository, ScholarWorks; issues from 2007 through 2012 are in the process of being archived but are not yet publicly available. To obtain articles from 2007-2012, contact Stuart Hales.
The following articles (and their associated blog posts) are representative of the content in Information Outlook:
- “When Weak Connections are Valuable at Work” (blog post)
- “Creating Connections through a Collections Review” (blog post)
- “10 Questions: Abby Thorne” (blog post)
Advertise in Information Outlook
To advertise in Information Outlook, contact:
Subscribe to Information Outlook
Individuals and organizations that are not SLA members can purchase one-year subscriptions to Information Outlook for $240. Access is by IP address recognition. For details, contact Stuart Hales.