All members receive free access to Information Outlook, SLA’s bimonthly online magazine. Information Outlook contains—
- Articles on timely topics such as data curation, digital asset management, bibliometrics, and value co-creation;
- Columns about technology, copyright law, and other issues of perpetual interest; and
- Interviews with SLA members, offering a close-up look at information professionals in different disciplines, work environments, and countries.
Read Information Outlook
Click here to read current-year issues of Information Outlook and those dating back to January 2013.
Issues from 1997 through 2006 are archived in San Jose State University’s institutional repository, ScholarWorks; issues from 2007 through 2012 are in the process of being archived but are not yet publicly available. To obtain articles from 2007-2012, contact Stuart Hales.
The following articles (and their associated blog posts) are representative of the content in Information Outlook:
- “When Weak Connections are Valuable at Work” (blog post)
- “Creating Connections through a Collections Review” (blog post)
- “10 Questions: Abby Thorne” (blog post)
Advertise in Information Outlook
To advertise in Information Outlook, contact Bill Sheehan.
Subscribe to Information Outlook
Individuals and organizations that are not SLA members can purchase one-year subscriptions to Information Outlook for $240. Access is by IP address recognition. For details, contact Stuart Hales.