A key component of the Leadership Symposium LEAD program curriculum, is the StrengthsFinder Assessment, designed to identify and help you capitalize on your strengths. You will learn about your strengths and how you can leverage them in any setting, including your professional role, and your volunteer role within SLA. This is practical information you’ll be able to use for years.
Why take StrengthsFinder?
Instead of wasting time trying to fix your weaknesses, learn how to develop and apply your strengths for success. People perform better by doing what comes naturally. Gallup research indicates that individuals, teams and entire organizations succeed when they play to their strengths.
Below is important information on how to create an account and begin the StrengthsFinder Assessment. Leadership Symposium participants will receive the following:
- A customized report with your top five strengths
- A comprehensive development guide based on your StrengthsFinder results
- Specific strategies for building on each of your top five themes
- A free copy of the StrengthsFinder 2.0 e-book, which will help you understand the StrengthsFinder assessment and the 34 themes. To download the e-book, sign in to your account and click “Download My E-Book” on your dashboard.
Read the instructions carefully before beginning the download and access process.
- Visit https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/Register/en-US/Index
- Copy and paste the access code into the available field, and then click “Continue.”
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create a Gallup Strengths Center account. Important: you MUST remember your own login and password – Only you can access your account.
- Once registered, you will be able to take the StrengthsFinder assessment. Please give yourself 45 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete it.
Please complete the assessment no later than close of business, Thursday, January 25, 2018.
Important Second Step: After you complete the assessment, you will be given the option of several reports to review. In the Reports and Tools section, please select, “Strengths Insight and Action-Planning Report.” Print out and bring this report with you to the Leadership Symposium.