SLA 2024 Conference & Expo
Join us July 13 – 16, 2024 at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, RI for the SLA 2024 Annual Conference and Expo!
The SLA is excited to invite you to join us at the 2024 Annual Conference celebrating our 115th Anniversary being held July 13 – 16, 2024 at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, RI. This premier event delivers education sessions, an exciting exhibit hall, unparalleled networking opportunities, and much more!
The SLA Annual Conference provides special librarians and information professionals with programming on emerging topics and trends in knowledge and information management.
Hear from dynamic and inspiring speakers, connect with colleagues, and meet with leading information product and service providers. This event not only elevates your professional knowledge and network, but also celebrates our industry, accomplishments, and passion.
See you there!
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The SLA 2024 conference will be held Saturday, July 13 through Tuesday, July 16, 2024, at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston Rhode Island. Conference registration will open on Saturday, July 13th with limited programming and the Welcome Reception from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. Sunday, July 14 will kick off at 8:00 am with an SLA Town Hall followed by the Keynote Address. Continuing education courses and special events will take place on July 14 -16. In addition to sessions, INFO-EXPO is where attendees can learn about new products and provide vendor feedback. The INFO-EXPO (exhibit hall) opens at 8:00 AM on Sunday, July 14.
Conference Theme: Collaboration for Innovation
- Data Science & Research
- New & Innovative Technologies
- Knowledge and Records Management: The Modern Information Professional
- Competitive Intelligence
- Leadership & Management Skills
SPONSOR OR EXHIBIT AT THE CONFERENCE
Sponsors enrich and heighten the conference experience, making many of our conference offerings an opportunity that can’t be missed – all the while adding exposure and value for your brand, products, and services. I encourage you to take advantage of these valuable opportunities to connect with attendees eager to learn how your latest technological advances and innovations can benefit and be effectively implemented in their organizations. This is also an opportunity for you to meet with some of your current clients face-to-face, and add value to their current account management.
Please contact Kristen Totaro at firstname.lastname@example.org directly for more information.
SUBMIT YOUR SPEAKER PROPOSAL
We are currently accepting speaker proposals for those wishing to present a talk at the SLA 2024 Annual Conference & Expo. All submissions must be received by March 22nd, 2024. Once you apply, your proposal will go through a review process, and if your proposal is accepted, you and your co-speakers will be invited to speak and will be given access to your own private speaker portals.
Registration fees include: Over 50 education sessions; (2) Breakfast, (3) Lunch, and (2) Dinners; Welcome Reception on Saturday, July 13; SLA Dance Party on Monday, July 15
SLA has made arrangements for a variety of local accommodations including a small block of private bedrooms in the apartment-style suite dorms on campus at the University of Rhode Island and at two local hotels.
The University of Rhode Island is 30 miles south of Providence, 75 miles from Boston, and 160 miles from NYC, with Newport just across the bay. The Kingston Amtrak Station is right down the road from campus, T.F. Green Airport is only 20 minutes away, and for your Rhode Island destinations, RIPTA runs dozens of buses from campus every day.
Is there a dress code at the conference?
- Dress comfortably and wear shoes that are good for walking. Meeting room temperatures often fluctuate, so be sure to bring a sweater, and dress in layers.
Whom do I contact about dietary restrictions?
- There is a section of the online registration and print registration forms where you can select dietary restrictions. If you have a dietary restriction outside of the listed categories (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and Kosher), please contact email@example.com. SLA will make reasonable efforts to provide dining options for all attendees, but we cannot guarantee that all dietary restrictions can always be accommodated.
Does SLA have an anti-harassment policy?
- SLA is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any conference venue, including sessions and networking events. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference (without a refund) at the discretion of the conference organizers. Review our anti-harassment policy.
Whom do I contact about ADA or special needs?
- There is a section of the online registration and print registration forms where you can list any ADA or special needs. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. All ADA and special needs requests must be received by May 1, 2024. SLA will work to accommodate requests, but we cannot make any guarantees.
- For ADA or special needs while in Rhode Island in general please visit: https://www.access-ri.org/
- This site is a resource guide that lists restaurants, museums, cinemas, cultural sites, and more in Rhode Island that have been surveyed according to the guidelines for identifying accessibility, as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design.