Become part of the SLA 2013 Feedback Pack!
Are you an information professional in the first five years of your career?
Would you like to help SLA develop better professional and learning opportunities?
Will you be attending the SLA 2013 Annual Conference?
If so, please consider volunteering to participate in the Feedback Pack!
The First Five Years Advisory Council is currently recruiting participants for the Feedback Pack: a group of conference attendees who will provide feedback about their conference experience in a focus group session that will be held the evening of Tuesday, June 11, 2013 (the last day of conference programming).
To be a member of the Feedback Pack, you must be:
- An early career professional (fewer than 5 years since graduating from an LIS or equivalent program)
- Attending the SLA Annual Conference in San Diego this year
- Able to participate in 1-2 conference calls before the conference
- Willing to attend a variety of programs and activities throughout the conference
- Able to participate in the 2-hour focus group session from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11
What’s in it for participants apart from the gratification that will come from improving the SLA conference? Dinner will be provided to Feedback Pack members at the focus group session on Tuesday evening, and Feedback Pack members who complete all of the group activities will be sent a $100 American Express gift card after the conference. In addition, a $100 discount off of the 2014 full conference registration price will be given to participants who complete the program.
We are looking for a diverse group of people to represent the wide-ranging interests and professional responsibilities of the SLA membership. If you are interested in making your opinions heard, please fill out this quick survey by April 19, 2013: http://tinyurl.com/feedbackpack
SLA and the First Five Years Advisory Council