SLA awards recognize specific achievements and are given at different points in an information professional’s career. As such, each SLA award has its own specific criteria in addition to the general eligibility requirements listed here:
- Nominees must be members in good standing in SLA.
- Nominations may be submitted by any member of the association (including oneself) or by an employer or colleague.
- SLA members serving on the SLA Board of Directors are ineligible for an award during their term.
- Nominations must be received at SLA headquarters no later than 15 April 2022 to be considered.
- Individuals may self-nominate for only one award.
- A letter of recommendation is required for all submissions.
All nominations will be reviewed by the Awards and Honors Committee. Awards and honors recipients will be recognized at the 2022 Annual Conference: Source Forward.
Tips for Nominations
Letters of support are required; these should demonstrate the nominee’s qualifications, accomplishments, or impact on the association or profession. Joint nominations are welcome and encouraged.
Complete the nomination application with the specific award’s eligibility criteria in mind (award descriptions). Each application should address the criteria for that specific award, including activities, accomplishments, and contributions that meet the award criteria. Describe, where applicable, the specific results and impacts of the nominee’s efforts that strengthen the case for that award. If possible, include details such as dates, locations and performance metrics. Avoid generalities such as “made documents easy to find” and instead use examples, details, or testimonials. Nominees will be evaluated in accordance with this criteria.
If you wish to nominate someone for more than one award, create a separate submission for each award.
Please provide as much supporting documentation as possible; you can upload up to (10) documents through the submission site. These could include the nominee’s bio or resume, published magazine or journal articles, presentations, other commendations, and previous awards and honors the nominee has received.
Nominations for all SLA awards and honors must be completed online through the submission portal. Please review this step-by-step guide and online webinar for using the submission portal.