Board of Directors
SLA is governed by a board of directors elected by the membership (see below). The board has the power and authority to manage the association’s property and to regulate and govern its affairs. The board determines the policies of the association and takes such actions as it considers necessary to carry out the objectives of the association.
2022 Election for Board of Directors
SLA has announced the final slate of candidates for the 2022 Board of Directors election. The election will be held in September.
Open Board Meetings
The board will hold five open board meetings in 2022. Each open meeting will last 90 minutes. The final 10 minutes of each meeting will include time for member questions about board agenda items. Following are the times and dates of the open sessions:
- Thursday, February 24, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, March 29, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
- Thursday, June 30, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, September 20, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
- Thursday, December 15, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
SLA members are invited to attend open board meetings, but must register through the SLA Learning Hub. SLA uses Zoom Webinar for open board meetings. Need to submit a document for board consideration? Follow these instructions.
Other Board Meetings
The board plans to conduct Committee Share-Outs, Community Forums, and the Annual Business Meeting in a virtual format for 2022. Following is the schedule for these events:
- Community Forum: Thursday, July 7, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
- Committee Share-Out: Thursday, August 18, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
- Community Forum: Tuesday, September 13, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
- Annual Business Meeting + Town Hall: Tuesday, October 25, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
SLA members are invited to attend these open meetings, but must register through the SLA Learning Hub. SLA uses Zoom Webinar for these meetings.
SLA town hall meetings provide a connection point for the board and SLA members to discuss specific topics. Following are the times and dates of the town halls scheduled for 2022:
- Thursday, February 17, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, April 19, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET (Member experience)
- Monday, May 16, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET (Technology)
- Thursday, June 16, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, November 15, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
SLA members are invited to attend town halls, but must register through the SLA Learning Hub. SLA uses Zoom Webinar for town hall meetings.
2022 SLA Board of Directors
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
clw (@) ubishops (dot) ca
London, England, U.K.
seemarampersad (@) hotmail (dot) com
|Tara Murray Grove
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
tem10 (@) psu (dot) edu
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.A.
vperry (@) uky (dot) edu
Uttar Pradesh, India
debal (dot) kar (@) gmail (dot) com
Aurora, Colorado, U.S.A.
ty (dot) webb (@) outlook (dot) com
State University of New York
Albany, New York, U.S.A.
elasda (@) albany (dot) edu
|Julie Snyder (Secretary)
Niles, Illinois, U.S.A.
snyder_julie (@) shure (dot) com
University of Delhi Enclave, North Campus
pkjain1310 (@) gmail (dot) com
Connect Public Affairs
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
jim (dot) miller (@) connectpublicaffairs (dot) com
San Rafael, California, U.S.A.
annenb (@) outlook (dot) com
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Logan, Utah, U.S.A.
jonlucchristensen (@) gmail (dot) com
Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
hkotula (@) accessinn (dot) com
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
kklevine (@) berkeley (dot) edu