2021 Election for SLA Board of Directors
Meet the Candidates
The following candidates are standing for election to the SLA Board of Directors in 2021. Four candidates are standing for election as 2023 president; the candidate who receives the most votes will serve as president-elect of SLA in 2022, president in 2023, and immediate past president in 2024. In addition to the candidates for president, 10 other SLA members are competing for four director positions on the board.
Elected candidates will serve three-year terms (2022-2024). The election will be conducted by online balloting in September 2021.
Click on a candidate’s name to view their video, review their biography, and read their answers to questions.
Candidates for 2023 President
Candidates for 2022-2024 Director*
- Anne Barker
- Jonathan-Lucas “JonLuc” Christensen
- Eugene Giudice
- Debal Kar
- Jessica King
- Heather Kotula
- John Kromer
- Kendra Levine
- Ty Webb
- Craig Wingrove
* Zahra Kamarei withdrew her candidacy prior to the SLA 2021 Annual Conference.
View descriptions of each open board position and the collective responsibilities of the board.
Getting to Know the Candidates
Leading up to the election, SLA members will have opportunities to learn more about the candidates and their positions on issues facing the association.
Each candidate was invited to record a video and to provide written answers to the following questions. Links to the videos are on each candidate’s webpage (linked above), as are their responses to the questions.
- Why are you a member of SLA? What has kept you a member throughout the years?
- Why are you running for the SLA Board of Directors? What do you bring to the table? How do you plan to support other SLA members, if elected?
- SLA is a leader in its commitment to diversity and inclusion and the importance of civil discourse. Share how you have demonstrated leadership or action in these areas, and how your own experiences will inform your contribution as an SLA board member.
The voting period will begin at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, 8 September 2021, and conclude at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, 22 September 2021.
All SLA members (excluding honorary members) who are in good standing as of 31 August 2021 and for whom SLA headquarters has a valid, up-to-date e-mail address on file will receive an e-mail notice when the polls open. This notice will include your unique link to your ballot.
Your e-mail address MUST be up to date in the SLA database to ensure you receive the ballot and are able to vote in the election.
If you have any questions or problems with the e-mail voting system, call SLA headquarters at +1.703.647.4900 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.