2022 Election for SLA Board of Directors
The following SLA members are standing for election as 2024 president of the association:
- John DiGilio (California, United States)
- Amy Stubbing (Crawley, United Kingdom)
The candidate who receives the most votes will serve as president-elect of SLA in 2023, president in 2024, and immediate past president in 2025. The election will be conducted by online balloting in September 2022.
The following members are standing for election as treasurer of SLA:
- Eugene Giudice (Illinois, United States)
- Zachary Painter (California, United States)
The candidate who receives the most votes will serve as treasurer for a three-year term beginning January 2023.
In addition, four other SLA members are standing for two director positions on the board:
- Parveen Babbar (New Delhi, India)
- James Manasco (Kentucky, United States)
- Sandeep Kumar Pathak (Bhopal, India)
- Christine Pelosi (New York, United States)
Members can vote for up to two director candidates. The two candidates who receive the most votes will serve three-year terms beginning in January 2023.
The SLA Bylaws provide for additional nominees to be proposed through a petition process. Should any member be proposed by petition, the petition must contain the following:
- Twenty-five (25) signatures of SLA voting members;
- Written acceptance of the nominee to be an SLA Board of Directors candidate; and
- A letter from the candidate’s employer/supervisor stating their support of the candidate’s SLA board service.
These three items must be sent to the attention of Monica Evans-Lombe, managing director, at email@example.com and received no later than Monday, June 27, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. ET. If additional candidates are nominated by petition, SLA will announce the amended list of candidates to the SLA membership.