The Governance and Strategy Committee
The Board of Directors established the Governance and Strategy Committee as a committee of the board, comprised of three board members appointed for one-year terms, with the current President-elect serving as chair of the committee and the Executive Director as an ex officio member. The committee is expected to establish subcommittees, which may include non-members, for specific purposes. The charge of the committee shall be:
- Identify opportunities to adapt and move the Association forward.
- Consider trends and best practices across the association and information markets and how they might be applied to SLA.
- Make recommendations to the Board to ensure that the Association has a body of rules that facilitates its overall governance and conforms to legal standards.
- Review bylaws proposals and make recommendations to the Board.
- Following any amendment of the Association bylaws, review the model governing document of Association units and recommend global changes to Division/Chapter Cabinets for action.
- Review proposed amendments to unit governing documents and recommend to the unit any changes to conform with the model governing document and to facilitate unit governance.
- Review proposed changes to existing Association committee and advisory council names and charges and make recommendations to the Board.
- Review charges for new Association committees and advisory councils and make recommendations to the board.
Committee members for 2019 will be Catherine Lavallée-Welch (chair), Amy Jankowski, Hildy Dworkin, Amy Burke (ex officio).
The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the Committee and the Association contact.
Governance and Strategy Subcommittee
Chair: Karen Rezcek
Board Liasion: Catherine Lavallee-Welch
Charge last revised March 2019 (Board Document EM0319-A05).