Annual Conference Subcommittee
The Annual Conference Subcommittee is established to create an engaging annual conference event.
The subcommittee shall be responsible for creating an engaging annual conference event that—
- encourages educational session proposals from SLA communities that focus on developing skills that attendees can use in their careers, now and in the future;
- educates attendees by providing innovative and unique content on emerging topics that members can put to direct use;
- fosters opportunities for networking and socializing, so they can grow their professional networks;
- connects conference attendees with our Industry Partners in order to facilitate business relationships; and
- creates a sense of excitement and commitment to the association, such that members feel a sense of belonging in, and dedication to, the association.
Subcommittee Roles and Responsibilities
Subcommittee Composition and Terms
The subcommittee shall be composed of twelve (12) members, including the Community Support Committee Chair-elect, nine (9) non-Board members, and one (1) Industry Partner. The SLA Board of Directors shall approve the appointment of the Annual Conference Subcommittee Chair (as nominated by the SLA president-elect).
One member of the SLA Board of Directors shall serve as the non-voting Board liaison. The staff liaison shall be the SLA executive director or their designee.
Subcommittee members shall serve overlapping two-year terms. A member starting their second year on the subcommittee should be considered for the position of Chair.
Co-Chair: Nabi Hasan
Co-Chair: Andy Shimp