The Finance Committee will be comprised of seven (7) members, lead and chaired by the association’s treasurer, three presidents (President, President-Elect, Past President), one (1) Board of Director (Cabinet or Director Positions) and two (2) non-Board members.
The committee shall:
- recommend to the Board of Directors policies and fiscal planning measures that ensure the financial health and stability of the association;
- maintain oversight over all income, expenditures, funds, and investments of the association and its units;
- review the annual budget prepared by the association staff for presentation to the Board of Directors along with its recommendations;
- review fund requests from association units and make appropriate recommendations for their inclusion in the association’s budget;
- recommend to the Board of Directors an external auditor, in conjunction with association staff;
- review the external auditor’s report, in conjunction with association staff, and make an appropriate recommendation to the Board of Directors. The Committee may make recommendations to the Board of Directors concerning audit reports and the selection of external auditors.
Charge last revised January 2019 (Board Document 19-A05).
Tara Murray Grove