Membership Advisory Council
Ten members appointed for overlapping terms of two years each. Membership should have representation from as diverse a group of members as possible. A member ending his/her second year may be considered by the SLA President-Elect for the position of Chair.
The council shall:
- recommend to the Board of Directors policies and programs related to membership development (recruitment) and retention of members;
- liaise with staff (Membership) to update existing materials and to develop and roll-out new and additional turnkey materials for the units (tools, templates, materials, ideas, etc.) to facilitate their recruitment and retention efforts;
- liaise with staff (Membership) to conduct more frequent, “mini” surveys of the membership to assess member needs and to gather other member demographic information.
- liaise with staff (Communications and Marketing) as required to highlight and publicize benefits of membership and member profiles;
- liaise with, and provide direction/support to, the unit membership chairs to assist with their grassroots recruiting efforts.
- research existing and new target markets (including the diversification into allied fields and industries) for membership development and growth.
Charge last revised November 2012 (Board Document EM1112-A02)
Kim Bloedel (2020-2022)