Five members, the chair to be the association Treasurer serving a three-year term; the remaining members, one of whom shall also be a member of the Board of Directors, to be appointed for overlapping terms of two years each.
The committee shall:
- recommend to the Board of Directors policies and fiscal planning measures that ensure the financial health and stability of the association;
- maintain oversight over all income, expenditures, funds, and investments of the association and its units;
- review the annual budget prepared by the association staff for presentation to the Board of Directors along with its recommendations;
- review fund requests from association units and make appropriate recommendations for their inclusion in the association’s budget;
- recommend to the Board of Directors an external auditor, in conjunction with association staff;
- review the external auditor’s report, in conjunction with association staff, and make an appropriate recommendation to the Board of Directors. The Committee may make recommendations to the Board of Directors concerning audit reports and the selection of external auditors.
Association office contact is the Chief Financial Officer.
Charge last revised June 1999 (Board Document A99-73).