Professional Development Advisory Council
Seven members appointed for overlapping terms of three years each. The advisory council shall:
- Analyze findings of staff research and feedback documents relating to the learning and development needs of the association’s membership and other target audiences in partnership with the association staff in order that the offerings remain aligned with the anticipated needs;
- review, shape and endorse annually the strategic directions in the Association’s learning and development activities;
- recommend policies and initiatives to the Chief Executive Officer and to Association staff to address the learning and career development needs of the Association’s membership;
- ensure updating of the professional competencies document as appropriate when needed;
- provide feedback and advice to the Chief Executive Officer related to library/information management curricula;
- function in an advisory capacity to association units as needed as relates to all of the above;
- make recommendations to President-Elect regarding desired characteristics of incoming PD Advisory Council members.
Charge last revised June 2006 (Board Document A06-33).
William David Cook
Ann Marie Ruskin