Public Relations Advisory Council
The Public Relations Advisory Council (PRAC) consists of seven SLA members appointed for overlapping terms of two years each.
The advisory council shall:
- Advise the association’s leadership (including the CEO and senior staff) on policies, guidelines, and activities that enable employers and potential employers to recognize the value that information professionals can bring to their organizations;
- Propose to the association’s leadership those methods and techniques that showcase the benefits of association membership to existing and potential employers, and share these methods and techniques with association units;
- Promote association activities and member accomplishments to current and potential vendor partners and sponsors;
- Liaise with association units, other professional information organizations, and headquarters staff regarding public relations needs; and
- Collaborate with units to ensure provided tools and collateral materials are promoted and used.
Charge last revised October 2013 (Board Document OM1013-A01).