Hal Kirkwood to Lead SLA as President in 2019
Hal Kirkwood, associate professor and business information specialist at the Roland G. Parrish Library of Management & Economics at Purdue University, was elected by SLA members to serve as the association’s president in 2019.
Since joining SLA in 1992, Hal has held several leadership roles within the association, including serving as president of the Indiana Chapter, chair of the Business & Finance Division, and director on the SLA Board of Directors (2012–2014). He will rejoin the SLA Board of Directors on January 1 and serve as president-elect in 2018, president in 2019, and past president in 2020.
The following SLA members will join Hal on the board in 2018:
- Valerie Perry, chapter cabinet chair-elect;
- Alex Grigg Dean, division cabinet chair-elect;
- Hildy Dworkin, director; and
- Amy Jankowski, director.
The new board members will serve three-year terms (2018–2020). They will replace the following members, who are finishing their board terms at the end of this year:
- Tom Rink, past president;
- Kim Silk, past chapter cabinet chair;
- Ruth Kneale, past division cabinet chair;
- Kevin Adams, director; and
- Catherine Lavallée-Welch, director.
The election was conducted online beginning September 6 and ending September 20. The candidates were put forward by the SLA Nominating Committee: Tony Landolt (chair), Marilyn Bromley, John Coll, John DiGillio, and Pam Rollo.