Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services Certificate
Please note that 2019 is the final year for the Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services Certificate program. For participants who have already taken KMKS courses and would like to complete the full certificate program, you may still do so for a limited time. All six KMKS courses are available for participants to take on-demand. To complete each course, participants must view all class session recordings and complete an assignment to be graded by course instructors. The full certificate program must be completed by December 1, 2019. No courses, either live or on-demand, will be available after that.
Each on-demand course is available for $295 for members and $395 for non-members. Please note that session recordings originally aired as part of previously held live courses. See below for course descriptions and registration information. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
The Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services Certificate Program, offered by SLA in partnership with SMR International, is designed to help information professionals better manage the use and application of proprietary and industry information within their organizations. Through a combination of theoretical and practical approaches, the program will equip knowledge workers with the expertise and skills they need to build an enterprise-wide knowledge culture that delivers measurable and tangible benefits in the use of information, knowledge, and strategic learning to make decisions, spark innovation, and achieve the corporate or organizational mission. This certificate course is taught by experts Scott Brown, Deb Hunt, and Dale Stanley.
In the Certificate in Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services Program, you will:
- Gain the essential theoretical and practical understanding, techniques, skills, and tools to launch or enhance your organization’s KM/KS practices and to apply knowledge management and knowledge services immediately and effectively for the organization’s benefit;
- Acquire the necessary depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding, and experience to begin practicing knowledge management and providing knowledge services for clients and enhance their participation in enterprise-wide knowledge management/knowledge services activities;
- Benefit from a flexible program that matches your professional goals and interests and allows you to balance them with your work schedule, lifestyle, and other requirements;
- Engage in live lectures, live and online discussions, selected readings, and exercises that build and reinforce your existing expertise and skills in knowledge management/knowledge services; and
- Enjoy dynamic and experienced instruction, an extensive curriculum, quality training materials, and high value that are the hallmarks of SLA’s professional development programs and SMR International’s KM/KS training.
Course Descriptions and Registration
|KMKS101||Fundamentals of Knowledge Management and Knowledge Services|
|KMKS102||The Knowledge Audit: Evaluating Intellectual Capital Use|
|KMKS103||Knowledge Strategy: Developing the Enterprise-Wide Knowledge Culture|
|KMKS104||Networking and Social Media: Technology-Enabled Knowledge Sharing|
|KMKS105||Change Management and Change Implementation in the Knowledge Domain|
|KMKS106||Critical Success Factors: Measuring Knowledge Services|
Want to find out more about becoming an SLA member? Visit our membership page.
KMKS online courses are conducted using GoToWebinar. Review the Attendee Quick Reference Guide for more information. Please check with your IT department to see if you have authorization to access GoToWebinar.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.