Competitive and Decision Intelligence (CDI)
The Competitive and Decision Intelligence (CDI) Certificate Program is designed to help information and knowledge professionals become effective and valued researchers, analysts, and intelligence practitioners. Whether you are in a corporate setting, academic institution, or not-for-profit entity, this program will prepare you to support your organization’s situational awareness, foresight, and other decision and intelligence needs.
“There’s something very satisfying about being involved with scientists and engineers and pushing ideas up through your organization and giving presentations at the executive leadership level, which I never thought I would be doing before. And this program gave me the confidence to do that.”
— Vicky Bellon, Land O’Lakes
The program provides two certificate options:
- the Competitive & Decision Intelligence for LIS Professionals “Core” Certificate, which requires 14 courses; and
- the Competitive & Decision Intelligence Intel Information Function Certificate, which requires 9 courses.
You can select individual classes based on specific education needs or enroll in the full program to earn a program certificate. Receiving a certificate is contingent upon successful completion of all courses, including successful participation in course discussions and exercises.
Course Descriptions and Registration
Registration is now open for 2022 CDI courses. Click here to see details about the course content and timing and to register for courses.
Program courses are structured to present you with information, instructional content, and hands-on experience that support your professional development. Each online course features the following:
- recorded lectures, live and online discussions, and exercises that enhance and reinforce the self-paced reading material;
- examples and scenarios designed to stimulate insights and foster conversations with the course instructor and colleagues;
- course assessments, exercises, and discussions that measure and evaluate your understanding of the material; and
- opportunities to share questions and explore issues specific to your job and professional situation.
Value to Your Employer
Need to make the case with your employer for enrolling in the Competitive and Decision Intelligence Certificate Program? Here are the benefits you’ll want to emphasize:
- a practical approach that emphasizes immediate application of the skills, techniques, and tools presented in the program;
- content that draws on the strengths of both academic and business intelligence training programs, resulting in significant cost savings and greater value;
- flexibility offered by online courses, which results in less time spent traveling while providing vital hands-on exercises and experience to participants;
- a self-paced program with à la carte options that meet your level of experience;
- the flexibility to complete the program in as little as 10 months or as long as 3 years, depending on your particular job requirements and timeline; and
- enhanced competitive awareness and competitive intelligence skills.