Registration is now open for copyright courses! Build your skills in copyright taught by Lesley Ellen Harris, the CEO of Copyrightlaws.com. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
|September 16-30, 2020|
|October 1-30, 2020|
|November 4-18, 2020|
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Lesley Ellen Harris, JD, is the CEO of Copyrightlaws.com. Lesley is a copyright consultant, published author, copyright blogger and educator. She is an expert in navigating copyright issues in today’s modern world. Her areas of concentration include U.S. and Canadian copyright law, international copyright law, and licensing digital content. You can see her bio here.
Obtaining Permission: The Copyright Permissions Request is a practical online course that teaches you how to best obtain permission to use copyright-protected materials.
$199 for Individuals, $179 for 3+ from the same organization
You’ll learn …
- To write the best copyright permissions request
- How to approach a copyright owner for permission
- What to include in your permissions request letter
- Copyright permission letter best practices
- … and much more
Each of the 10 lessons contains a text lecture, further resources to explore, and a self-marking quiz. The time commitment is approximately 10 hours to review all materials.
SYLLABUS FOR OBTAINING PERMISSION: THE COPYRIGHT PERMISSIONS REQUEST
- Is It Possible to Simplify Obtaining Permission?
- Make Sure You Need Permission
- Identifying the Copyright Owner
- What Rights Do You Need?
- How To Determine Fees for Copyright Permissions
- Tips for Obtaining Your Ideal Terms and Conditions (see 5 tips below)
- Copyright Permissions Letter Checklist
- Practical Applications and FAQs
- Best Practices for Obtaining Copyright Permissions
- Test Your Knowledge
Developing a Copyright Policy or Guidelines is a unique hands-on eight-lesson eTutorial where you complete a draft copyright policy or guidelines.
$499 for Individuals, $450 for 3+ from the same organization
This is the course for you if:
- You’ve been meaning to write a copyright policy or guidelines but never seem to have the time
- You’re unsure how to start your copyright compliance document
- You need encouragement, feedback and a personal touch to complete your copyright policy or guidelines draft
By reviewing each lesson in Developing a Copyright Policy or Guidelines and completing your assignments with feedback from moderator Lesley Ellen Harris, Assistant Instructor Erin Gurski, and fellow students, you’ll complete this course with a draft copyright policy, guidelines or best practices. Limited spots are available in this hands-on assignment-based course.
FACTS ABOUT THIS COURSE
- Developing a Copyright Policy or Guidelines is a hands-on course in which you develop and write a draft copyright compliance policy, guidelines or best practices. You’ll be asked to prepare a series of short assignments which will be the basis for your final assignment, a draft copyright policy or guidelines
- Some knowledge of copyright law is required
- This course isn’t country specific — each lesson contains resources and sample documents from the U.S., Canada, the UK and global content
- You’ll receive two lessons each week with short assignments
Completing all of the assignments will result in a draft copyright policy or guidelines document. Participants do the work on their own time as their schedules permit. We do not meet together at any specific times. Instruction includes readings and assignments. Student participation is in an online 24/7 forum.
|SYLLABUS FOR DEVELOPING A COPYRIGHT POLICY OR GUIDELINES||BENEFITS OF TAKING DEVELOPING A COPYRIGHT POLICY OR GUIDELINES|
After taking Developing a Copyright Policy or Guidelines you’ll be able to:
You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the tutorial.
21 Virtual Ways to Build Copyright Awareness in Your Library or Organization (November 4-18, 2020) is a self-paced eTutorial with:
- A wealth of tips on how to transform your workplace copyright compliance culture
- Copyright awareness ideas you can immediately implement to lower the risk of copyright infringement in your organization
$199 for individuals, $179 for 3+ from the same organization
- Each of the 10 e-lessons provides …
- Up-to-date information on aspects of developing and implementing an effective copyright awareness program, including practical strategies and activities
- A self-marking quiz
- Resources and examples from the U.S., Canada and the UK
You’ll gain the most from this course if you have a basic knowledge of copyright law.
|TOPICS COVERED||BENEFITS OF TAKING THIS eTUTORIAL|
After taking 21 Virtual Ways To Build Copyright Awareness, you’ll be:
You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.