Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services Certificate
The Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services Certificate Program, offered by SLA in partnership with SMR International, is designed to help information professionals better manage the use and application of proprietary and industry information within their organizations. Through a combination of theoretical and practical approaches, the program will equip knowledge workers with the expertise and skills they need to build an enterprise-wide knowledge culture that delivers measurable and tangible benefits in the use of information, knowledge, and strategic learning to make decisions, spark innovation, and achieve the corporate or organizational mission.
In the Certificate in Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services Program, you will:
- Gain the essential theoretical and practical understanding, techniques, skills, and tools to launch or enhance your organization’s KM/KS practices and to apply knowledge management and knowledge services immediately and effectively for the organization’s benefit;
- Acquire the necessary depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding, and experience to begin practicing knowledge management and providing knowledge services for clients and enhance their participation in enterprise-wide knowledge management/knowledge services activities;
- Benefit from a flexible program that matches your professional goals and interests and allows you to balance them with your work schedule, lifestyle, and other requirements;
- Engage in live lectures, live and online discussions, selected readings, and exercises that build and reinforce your existing expertise and skills in knowledge management/knowledge services; and
- Enjoy dynamic and experienced instruction, an extensive curriculum, quality training materials, and high value that are the hallmarks of SLA’s professional development programs and SMR International’s KM/KS training.
|KMKS101||Fundamentals of Knowledge Management and Knowledge Services|
|KMKS102||The Knowledge Audit: Evaluating Intellectual Capital Use|
|KMKS103||Knowledge Strategy: Developing the Enterprise-Wide Knowledge Culture|
|KMKS104||Networking and Social Media: Technology-Enabled Knowledge Sharing|
|KMKS105||Change Management and Change Implementation in the Knowledge Domain|
|KMKS106||Critical Success Factors: Measuring Knowledge Services|
2018 Course Schedule
|February||KMKS104 Networking and Social Media: Technology-Enabled Knowledge Sharing|
|March||KMKS105 Change Management and Change Implementation in the Knowledge Domain|
|April||KMKS106 Critical Success Factors: Measuring Knowledge Services|
|June*||KMKS101 Fundamentals of Knowledge Management and Knowledge Services|
|June*||KMKS102 The Knowledge Audit: Evaluating Intellectual Capital Use|
|September||KMKS103 Knowledge Strategy: Developing the Enterprise-Wide Knowledge Culture|
|October||KMKS101 Fundamentals of Knowledge Management and Knowledge Services|
|November||KMKS102 The Knowledge Audit: Evaluating Intellectual Capital Use|
View the full KMKS 2018 Program Schedule, which includes meeting dates and times for each course.
*KMKS101 and KMKS102 are delivered in-person during the SLA 2018 Annual Conference in Baltimore, MD, in June. Registration will be made available separately, in conjunction with registration for conference ticketed events. Both courses are also offered virtually later in the year.
Individual courses are priced at $595.00*
* Single course fees for non-members are $100 higher per course. Want to find out more about becoming an SLA member? Visit our membership page.
KMKS online courses are conducted using GoToWebinar. Review the Attendee Quick Reference Guide for more information. Please check with your IT department to see if you have authorization to access GoToWebinar.
All online sessions are recorded for additional access during the course.
Several days prior to the start of each course, participants will receive a welcome note from SLA staff that includes the course materials and information about registering for the online sessions. Make careful note of the date of each online session and the action plan deadline.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.