Competitive and Decision Intelligence Certificate
SLA is pleased to announce the Certificate Course in Competitive and Decision Intelligence, offered in partnership with Knowledge inForm. In this virtual program, you’ll work with expert instructors to explore the ins and outs of Competitive and Decision Intelligence. The interactive courses will challenge you and help you gain a deeper understanding of this critical industry subject. Instruction is a blended learning approach including live lectures, live discussions and hands-on training when appropriate. Participants can select an individual class based on your specific education needs, or enroll in the full program to earn a program certificate. Reward of the certificate is contingent upon successful completion of all courses and the fulfillment of required examinations.
- A practical approach that emphasizes the immediate application of the skills, techniques, and tools that are presented in the program – for immediate benefit to your organization.
- Training content that draws on the strengths of both academic and business intelligence training programs, with significant cost savings – and greater value.
- Flexibility thorough online and applied courses means less time spent traveling – and away from the office – while providing vital hands-on exercises and experience to employee participants.
- A self-paced program with à la carte options that meet your staff’s level of experience, as well as balance course work, their job responsibilities, and other requirements.
- The ability to complete the program in as little as 10 months to as long as 3 years, depending on the requirements and timeline of your organization and your employee.
- An emphasis on critical thinking and problem-solving in intelligence practices and decision-support through live-lectures, live and online discussions, readings, and exercises.
- A range of payment options and discounts that accommodate an organization’s procurement and budgetary requirements.
- Enhancing the competitive awareness and competitive intelligence skills of your employees. Your information and knowledge workers, in particular, will make more impactful contributions toward an organization’s decision-making function and competitiveness.
- A targeted and structured program that is designed to build on the skills, knowledge, and experience of information professionals, and enhance their contributions to your organization.
2018 Course Schedule
|Nov 2017||INTEL-01||Introduction to Competitive & Decision Intelligence|
|February||INTEL-02||Competitive & Decision Intelligence Project Cycles & Project Management|
|March||INTEL-03||Intelligence Published Source Collection: Management|
|April||INTEL-14||Identifying & Managing Biases in Research, Analysis, & Decision-Making|
|May||INTEL-08||Competitive Intelligence Analysis: Fundamental|
|June*||INTEL-07||Human Source Intelligence|
|June*||INTEL-09||Competitive Intelligence Analysis, Intermediate|
|September||INTEL-13||Establishing & Managing an Intelligence Program|
|October||INTEL-04||Intelligence Published Source Collection: Research, Part 1|
|December||INTEL-05||Intelligence Published Source Collection: Research, Part 2|
View the full CDI 2018 Program Schedule.
*Both June courses will be delivered in-person at the SLA 2018 Annual Conference June 9-13, in Baltimore, Maryland.
There are no prerequisites in the program. You do NOT need to take INTEL-01 to register for INTEL-02 or any other course. Courses can and are meant to be taken a la carte.
Click on the course links above to view course-specific information and to register.
Individual courses are priced at $495.00*
* Single course fees for non-members are $715 per course. Want to find out more about becoming an SLA member? Visit our membership page.
Please review our refund policy.
Competitive and Decision Intelligence online courses are conducted using GoToWebinar. Review the Attendee Quick Reference Guide for more information. Please check with your IT department to see if you have authorization to access GoToWebinar.
All online sessions are recorded for additional access during the course.
Several days prior to the start of each course, participants will receive a welcome note from SLA staff that includes the course materials and information about registering for the online sessions. Make careful note of the date of each online session and the action plan deadline.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.