INTEL-13. Establishing & Managing an Intelligence Program
INTEL-13 | Establishing & Managing an Intelligence Program
Course Dates: September 10-28, 2018
How can I establish an intelligence program that works best for my organization and provides the necessary value?
How can I anticipate potential issues and avoid pitfalls?
Successful and reliable competitive intelligence relies on establishing an intelligence program that is appropriate to an organization and clearly demonstrates value. This online course presents key intelligence program models and discusses aspects of establishing and managing the program, including: assessing and satisfying organizational intelligence needs, planning, staffing, budgeting, training, marketing and promotion, collaboration, establishing ethical understanding, evaluation, and more. This course will also specifically examine how information centers can make successful transformations and transitions into intelligence centers. This course includes an exercise & discussions involving intelligence program models.
Course Level: Intermediate (Concepts beyond the scope of fundamentals for practitioners at all experience levels)
Course Learning Objectives
At the end of this course, participants will understand the various types of intelligence program models and considerations involved in establishing an intelligence program. When presented with intelligence program development questions, issues, and problems, participants will be able to outline and evaluate possible solutions. Specifically, participants will be able to:
- Define the various types of intelligence program models, their characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages
- Identify models that can be appropriate to an organization.
- Present the requirements for a robust and successful intelligence program.
- Employ best practices in designing, establishing, and managing an effective intelligence program.
- Manage various challenges and guard against potential stumbling blocks of an intelligence program.
- Identify concerns and address specific issues related to expanding or transforming an information center into an intelligence program.
Participants will develop skills and abilities according to professional competencies outlined by Knowledge inForm.
September 10-28, 2018
- Lecture 1: September 10 | 1 – 2 pm ET
- Lecture 2: September 12 | 1 – 2 pm ET
- Live Discussion 1: September 14 | 1 – 2 pm ET
- Open Period for Readings & Forum Discussion: September 17-20
- Live Discussion 2: September 28 | 1 – 2 pm ET
Lectures and live discussions are conducted as virtual meetings using GoToWebinar. Review the Attendee Quick Reference Guide for more information. Please check with your IT department to see if you have authorization to access GoToWebinar.
All online sessions are recorded for additional access during the course.
Member Price: $495*
Non-Member Price: $715*
* A late fee of $50 will be added to your invoice if you register at or after midnight (12:00 a.m. ET) on the first day of the course. Late registration does not guarantee live access to the first course session.
**SLA and the instructors reserve the right to cancel the course if a minimum registration count is not met.