Rink Heads Slate of New Board Members
Tom Rink, an instructor for library services at Northeastern State University in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, will lead a group of five SLA members who will join the association’s board of directors in January.
Tom will serve as president-elect in 2015, as president in 2016, and as past president in 2017. Joining him on the board for 2015-2017 are the following SLA members:
- Kim Silk, chapter cabinet chair-elect;
- Ruth Kneale, division cabinet chair-elect;
- Kevin Adams, director; and
- Catherine Lavallee-Welch, director.
In addition to electing the new board members, SLA members also overwhelmingly approved two changes to the association’s bylaws. The changes are as follows:
- Recognizing the joint cabinet as an official body of the association; and
- Allowing caucuses to be formed based on geography.
For more information about the election, see the press release.
Any large business structure consists of several units, and local teams are formed in each department who are competing with each other. Spy app can play a key role in this struggle.