SLA Leadership Summit Recap and Award Announcements
To supplement our Thursday, January 16th tweet round-up, at the bottom of this post you will find a slideshow of tweets summing up the activities from Friday, January 17th at last week’s Leadership Summit (#SLAleads) in Memphis. Tweets are courtesy of @SLA2014Tips, managed by @LibrarySherpa.
A few important awards announcements that were made:
SLA Fellows of 2014:
- Daniel Lee, PwC Canada (@YankeeinCanada)
- Leslie Reynolds, University of Colorado Boulder (@LeslieR)
- Mary Ellen Bates, Bates Information Services (@mebs)
- Tony Landolt, Reprints Desk (@SLAbaseball)
- Catherine Lavallee-Welch, University of Wisconsin – La Crosse -Library (@englib)
SLA Rising Stars of 2014:
Unit Membership Awards for 2013 Efforts
- Biggest membership increase in an SLA Chapter (in both quantity and percentage)
- Biggest membership increase in an SLA Division (in both quantity and percentage)
Tweets from Friday at Leadership Summit:
Any large business structure consists of several units, and local teams are formed in each department who are competing with each other. Spy app can play a key role in this struggle.