SLA Rising Stars and Fellows Team Up at SLA 2013
Now in its fourth year, the SLA Rising Stars & Fellows Roundtable will again pair the latest SLA Rising Stars with SLA Fellows to offer an in-depth look–as well as a contrast of perspectives–at a variety of topics pertinent to information professionals at SLA 2013.
The common theme will be Pursuing Growth through New Roles, Ideas, and Tools and the Roundtable will include presentations from each of 5 Star-Fellow pairs (presentation styles vary to include interviews, a top-ten list, and more), as well as audience Q & A. Presentation topics are as follows:
- Volunteering 101 – Tom Rink (Fellow) and Amy Sarola (Rising Star)
- Co-Chairing, Co-Mentoring, Co-llaborating – Jan Chinlund (Fellow) and Alyson Avery (Rising Star)
- How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Technology – Dennie Heye (Fellow) and Kendra K. Levine (Rising Star)
- Bridging from LIS Student to Professional – David Cappoli (Fellow) and Rachel Bates Wilfahrt (Rising Star)
- Opening New Markets Through Collaboration – Mary Talley (Fellow) and Aileen Marshall (Rising Star)
Dan Trefethen, 2013 recipient of SLA’s John Cotton Dana Award, will be the session’s moderator.
The session will take place on Monday, June 10th, at 10:00 a.m. in the San Diego Convention Center, room 22.
We hope to see you there, and be sure to bring questions for the panel.