#SLAtalk on July 16: Taking a Vacation that Works
A vacation, especially to the right place (see question 4), can be a refreshing break from the daily grind.
But nothing can dull the shine from a vacation like returning to an overflowing inbox, a project that’s lagging behind, or a general build-up of stress at work or at home.
For this summer-edition of #SLAtalk, let’s discuss how to take a vacation that recharges your batteries without turning you into a firefighter when you return.
Questions to Answer (15 minutes per question):
- What do you do at work to prepare for your absence before a vacation?
- When on vacation, do you unplug completely or stay connected to the office or your clients?
- When you return, how do you get through the work that has built up while you were away?
- What’s the best place you’ve ever traveled to?
2 choices on Tuesday, July 16:
- Session #1 at 17:30 UTC (1:30 PM eastern / 10:30 AM pacific)
- Session #2 at 12:00 midnight UTC (7:00 PM eastern / 4:00 PM pacific)
Prepare with some light reading:
Check out “How to Take a Stress-Free Vacation From Your Stressful Job” by Jacquelyn Smith for Forbes.