Take a CE course in Boston
In addition to the regular session offerings at SLA 2015, you may also want to consider a CE course to deepen your knowledge and make your conference experience complete.
CE courses, offered by SLA divisions, will be presented on Saturday, June 13. Both half- and full-day courses are on the roster, and you are sure to find something to catch your eye.
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Chemical Information Sources, Requests, and Reference (Fundamental) — Chemistry
- Communicating Value Through Strategic Alignment (Intermediate) — Business & Finance
- Teach Beyond Your Reach: A Train-the-Trainer Workshop (Fundamental) — Pharmaceutical & Health Technology
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Extreme Structure Searching: Organics, Organometallics, Polymers, and Markush (Advanced) — Chemistry
- Going Beyond Basics: Strategic and Tactical Competitive Intelligence for Decision Support (Intermediate) — Competitive Intelligence
Maximizing Client-Consultant Partnerships: Key Success Factors (Intermediate) — Business & Finance and Knowledge ManagementCANCELLED
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Best Practices in Acquiring and Managing Information Resources in U.S. Government Agencies (Intermediate) — Government InformationCANCELLED
- Introduction to Taxonomies and Controlled Vocabularies (Fundamental) — Taxonomy
- So You Have a Taxonomy…Now What? Advanced Taxonomy Topics (Advanced) — Taxonomy
- Teaching Research Data Management with the New England Collaborative Data Management Curriculum (Intermediate) — Academic
- Using the Internet as an Investigative Research Tool (Intermediate) — Competitive Intelligence
SLA is also offering four courses from its certificate programs, which may be taken à la carte:
Friday, June 12, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Best Practices for Copyright Compliance (CCM600) REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Fundamentals of Knowledge Management and Knowledge Services (KMKS101) REGISTRATION CLOSED
Saturday, June 13, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Copyright Literacy in Your Organization (CCM700) REGISTRATION CLOSED
- The Knowledge Audit: Evaluating Intellectual Capital Use (KMKS102) REGISTRATION CLOSED
Register for any of these courses through the conference registration site. We’ll see you in Boston soon!
Any large business structure consists of several units, and local teams are formed in each department who are competing with each other. Spy app can play a key role in this struggle.