Webinar to Discuss Recommended Bylaws Changes
SLA members are encouraged to register for a free Webinar on September 1 that will explain the rationale for making certain changes to the association’s bylaws.
When the election for the SLA Board of Directors opens next month, SLA members will be considering several bylaws changes and one change to the Certificate of Incorporation on the same ballot. The purposes of these changes are as follows:
- To comply with the recent amendment to the New York not-for-profit laws, enacted in the Non-Profit Revitalization Act, most of which became effective on 1 July 2014, and include—
- allowing certain communications by expanded methods, including electronic mail;
- clarifying a new prohibition (effective 1 January 2016) on employees serving as president; and
- conforming the committee provisions to the new requirements of law.
- addressing the voting requirement for elections by written ballot;
- addressing the timing of the election of the secretary;
- removing a non-complying provision relating to board action by written ballot; and
- clarifying the provision for amendment of the bylaws.
DATE: Tuesday, September 1
TIME: 2:00-3:00 p.m. Eastern time
Questions? Contact Linda Broussard at email@example.com or +1.703.647.4938.
Any large business structure consists of several units, and local teams are formed in each department who are competing with each other. Spy app can play a key role in this struggle.